Your Story Matters!
Story is a powerful thing! Sharing our stories:
- Invites others to heal and overcome
- Deepens and awakens awareness
- Encourages and comforts others
- Reduces our sense of isolation
- Humanizes the woman on the “other end of the dollar”
If you have experienced healing, hope and freedom in Jesus after working in the sex industry and would like to share your story of transformation on the Treasures site, here is what we will need from you:
- Your story* in a word document (about 1,000 words or less) email to email@example.com
- A picture to be used for the site (email to firstname.lastname@example.org)
- A signed and dated copy of your permission to publish release form
Please send completed forms to: Treasures, PO Box #5311, Sherman Oaks, CA 91413
Or you can scan and email them to email@example.com
*We reserve the right to make edits to the story you send. We will not change the overall content but may make text and grammatical changes, and in some cases, adjustments to the language with our audience in mind.
Remember, the people reading your story may not come from a Christian background, so please be mindful of using language that may sound “Christianese”. We want the person who reads your story to understand your experience and walk away with a deeper understanding.
And finally, as you write your story, please consider addressing some of the following questions:
- What do you hope that people will learn from your story?
- What is one thing you would like people to know?
- Who are you today?
- What are you looking forward to?
- What is your hope for your future?
- How has Treasures impacted your life?