15 Things You Can Do
Together we can make a difference!! Here are 15 Simple Things You Can Do:
No matter who you are, you can do SOMETHING to partner with us as we provide spiritual inspiration, mentoring, and resources to women in the sex industry (including victims of commercialized sexual exploitation and trafficking).
Memorize the Stats & Read the Stories on the Treasures site, then share them with friends. You can use the Share This links throughout the site to post stories, stats and important info on your facebook, twitter, and other social networking sites. You can also purchase copies of Scars & Stilettos for yourself, friends, bible studies, book clubs or local women’s shelters and rehabs. To stay informed, sign up for Treasures Updates.
Make a one-time contribution or become a monthly financial partner. $10 a month funds outreach to one strip club, $25 funds 3 care packages including Bibles, books and resources to encourage the women who contact us.
Join the network of prayer partners from around the globe.
Please join us in this essential part of our ministry, by signing up.
List of ongoing prayer needs
Women We Serve
- For the spiritual and emotional growth and healing of every young woman Treasures is working with.
- For the ongoing growth and healing for those that have left the industry.
- For financial provision and employment for all of the women who are trying to get back on their feet without working in the sex industry.
- For all of our the women across the world who are daily walking out their healing and greatly affecting the lives of everyone they come in contact with.
- For freedom, healing, accountability and support for men and women struggling with sexual addictions.
- For the families of those in the industry and those struggling with addiction.
- For healing and restoration in marriages that have been impacted by the industry.
- For the spiritual wellbeing of all of our staff & volunteers working on a daily basis to help heal these young women. And for favor, provision, protection and wisdom for Treasures staff
- For more people to be stirred to action
5. WORK THE WEB
Get the word out by posting the About Treasures video on your website, Twitter, Facebook or personal blog page.
You can also connect with our Facebook Cause Page, Fan Page or Twitter and invite your friends to help spread awareness. You can also set up a Birthday Wish to raise support for the Treasures Cause on Facebook!
6. ORGANIZE A PARTY WITH A PURPOSE
Create awareness and support for Treasures by hosting a Party With A Purpose at your home and invite those in your world or have your organization/church host a party for up to 100 guests.
7. VOLUNTEER/ INTERN
Get involved by giving your time. In-office, outreach, marketing, fundraising, and grant-writing help needed.
Download Volunteer Application and email it to [email protected] Any outreach volunteers must be 21 and up.
We have partnered with Oasis Church to develop our internship program. The Treasures Internship is an incredible opportunity to help facilitate life-transformation in the lives of women we work with. Details and application here.
8. SHOP TREASURES
Purchase a copy of our devotional, Treasures Reflections, or Harmony’s memoir, Scars and Stilettos. Proceeds support our efforts. Shop Here
Gather brand-new cosmetics & jewelry from your friends and donate them to the Treasures gift bags used for outreach. All quantities are appreciated. Donations can be mailed to the address below.
Treasures Wish List
In-Kind donations are a huge help in assisting women in their journey to freedom
We have ongoing need for the following items
*Tax deduction receipts provided
New and partially used gift cards are used to help women transition out of the industry and to purchase gift bag items.
Target, WalMart, Bath and Body Works, Department Stores, Grocery Stores, Gas Stations. We also need $5 Starbucks gift cards to use on outreach for the doormen/club owners.
New and Un-used make-up, lotions, perfume, nail polish, etc. to be used for gift bags. No hotel toiletries or hygiene products please.
New and Un-used jewelry to be used for gift bags.
Computers, office paper, packaging materials, phones etc. Currently in need of 2 Mac laptops and 2 IPhones.
Donate your car to Treasures and we will give it to a girl in need. Many women leaving the industry have to give up leases on their cars to make ends meet.
Treasures is in need of a property in the Los Angeles County area to establish a residential program for the girls.
Donate your flight miles.
Pro-bono counseling, legal, job placement, mechanical, medical, and dental services for the girls we serve.
Silent Auction Items
Gift certificates, high-end clothing, jewelry, gift baskets etc to be used for Silent Auction fundraisers.
Email [email protected] for details on the above-mentioned items.
Want to reach women in the sex industry in your community? Get equipped at a Treasures Training!
Treasures has a calling and a vision to equip women who have a heart and calling to reach women in the sex industry. We train, support, encourage, resource and pray for new leaders to start up outreaches in their cities. God has shown that by uniting our strengths He can increase our reach and impact. NEXT TRAINING: Sept 27-28, Los Angeles, CA
11. GET CREATIVE
Write a song or poem, paint a painting, or write a blog about the women we are reaching and how their stories have impacted you.
As a sex-industry overcomer, Harmony Dust is passionate about helping people understand the realities of the commercial sex industry. Using a combination of personal story, biblical insights and evidence-based theories, she sheds light on the impact a “pornified” culture has on the people who live in it.
If you are interested in having Harmony speak at your church, event or organization, please take a moment to submit your Online Request here.
Your daily shopping, grocery purchases and internet searching can automatically raise funds when you participate in the programs listed.
14. STAY ALERT
If you see something suspicious in your area, make sure you speak up by informing your local law enforcement.
To find out what to look for, visit http://www.acf.hhs.gov/trafficking
15. EDUCATE YOURSELF
You can also watch a movie or read a book to learn about real stories of women in the sex industry & human trafficking.
- Scars & Stilettos: The Transformation of an Exotic Dancer- by Harmony Dust
- Girls Like Us by Rachel Lloyd
- Escaping the Devil’s Bedroom: Sex Trafficking, Global Prostitution, and the Gospel’s Transforming Power- by Dawn Herzog Jewell
- Not For Sale: The Return of the Global Slave Trade–and How We Can Fight It – by David Bratstone.
- Stripped: Inside the Lives of Exotic Dancers by Bernadette Barton
- Pornified: How Pornography is Transforming Our Lives, Our Relationships, and our Families by Pamela Paul
- The Natashas: Inside the New Global Sex Trade by Victor Malare